Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 8 Wrap Up

Seven weeks to go! Woohoo!

Alright, I'll admit right up front that I suck because I missed my TNT training this past week. It's really quite pathetic actually - I came home from work Thursday to change for the workout but I had a little bit of time so I just rested my eyes for a little bit... and BAM! I wake up - and practice was already over. I realized then that I definitely need those two rest days a week.

I still managed to complete 26 miles again this past week - 4 mi on my own Tuesday, 16 mi Nike SF run on Saturday, and 6 mi Nike Danville run on Sunday.

The Nike Danville run was a jackpot for me this past weekend. Not only did we all get treated to free Jamba Juice smoothies (the Nike flavor, of course) and raisin bread (yum!), but I also got free Nike dri-fit socks for doing a shoe trial (the real reason they have these runs), and a free Nike Club Run t-shirt. Plus we got to hear the speaker this time who led us through some key strengthening and stretching exercises for runners. I was too busy eating to participate :), but I did grab one of the nice handouts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...