Because I know you just can't enough of me! :P I asked Eileen, aka The Running Knitter, to interview me awhile back. What can I say? I guess I love to be interviewed!
1. What do you like most about living in CA?
There are definitely a LOT of things I love about being a Californian but I think the #1 spot belongs to the weather. I spent the first 21 years of my life in the midwest where I had to deal with both extremes - hot and humid in the summer and brutally cold and icy in the winter. It can definitely get rough and miserable. I think it makes you appreciate things more because you know how bad it can be, not necessarily just with the weather but life in general. Just my personal opinion, of course!
Anyway, I digress - I love the weather in California because I can run and bike and do other fun outdoors stuff all year long. Plus my mood is easily impacted by weather and it's easy to be cheery over here.
2. What made you decide to go all out and sign up for the Goofy Challenge?
I'm easily influenced by my surroundings. Enthusiasm is contagious! When I ran my first half at Nike and saw all the full marathoners finish, my first thought was... I want to do that next year! Same thing with Disney. When I did the full in 2008, the Goofy runners were the rockstars! It looked like fun so I decided then that I would go for it myself. (But needed to take a year off first.) And I like the idea of just being able to finish the 39.3 miles in one weekend as being the chief goal. Who cares when I finish! Have fun and enjoy Disney and the characters on course :)
Also, the Goofy Challenge is one of the big, long-term goals for my running career. That's like an Audrey version of an ultra. The other ones are to run a sub-5:00 marathon and a sub-2:00 half. Those would be huge achievements for me!
3. If you could only pick one TV show as your favorite, which would it be and why?
AGH - these "pick one" questions are so hard! I will go with "The Office" b/c it's HILARIOUS while also being just so quirky and goofy and sometimes unbearably awkward. Plus I love that it's the kind of show that if you watch an episode again, you might notice one of the characters in the background doing something funny that you didn't see before.
4. Would you call yourself a solo runner, a group runner, or a little of both?
I would say a little bit of both. On one hand, I'm a solo runner because I like the flexibility of when I run, the pace, the location, etc. On the other hand, I definitely benefit from running with groups. Running with faster people makes me run faster! It's also much more fun and feels more like a social activity vs "exercise". Group runs are the reason I get up at ~6AM on Saturday and Sunday during Nike training season!
5. Is there a catchphrase that you would use to describe your personality and/or character?
Well, that's it! Thanks, Eileen - very fun questions!
To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions
On a side note, I followed the lead of Maritza and Tara and entered the 2009 NYC marathon lottery this year. This will be year #2 for applying so if I don't get in this year or next, I am definitely in for 2011. (But I would really love to run it sooner!)