Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I need a race

Although I am running again, I'm not really running all that consistently. Last week was just a bummer. I have all these "issues" going on at work that kept me there to 7-8PM every night last week. I was there until 8PM tonight as well. And after that, I just don't have the energy to go to the gym.

The other issue is that I don't have a race planned until July... I can't drag myself out of bed for something that's five months away! (Just keepin' it real, peeps - please don't hate me!)

So I need a race... something to motivate me. Here are some races I'm thinking about:
  • Emerald Across the Bay 12K - March 15th: I actually registered for this last year but skipped it because it was the same weekend as when I returned from a Japan business trip and I was too jet-lagged to get there in time. I do like the opportunity to run the Golden Gate bridge again and the distance is a reasonable goal for me.
  • See Jane Run Half Marathon - May 30th: I've never done this one and I do like all-girl events - girl power! Heehee.
The Santa Cruz Half Marathon (April 19th) could be fun but it's the same weekend as my friend's wedding (that I'm also in). I have some friends that want to do Bay to Breakers (May 17th) but that would be the fun/party version, not the running one (last year's run was enough for me).

If you guys have any thoughts on these or other races, let me know!

In other news, I got my hair trimmed again over the weekend. I think I'm supposed to go every 6 weeks but I usually hold out for 3 months or so which usually means I spend a month with floppy, no shape hair. Now I have my bangs and my "poof" again.

21 comments:

joyRuN said...

Cute cute hair! I need to show your pic to my stylist to see if she can do anything remotely attractive with my mane.

Mica said...

Wow, you look great with that haircut! It's so stylish and chic!

I was thinking about coming to CA for Bay 2 Breakers as a post-exam reward weekend. We'll see.

The Laminator said...

I totally get what you mean about not having motivation unless there's a race. I'm the same way. As such, I'd probably think about the 12K...like you said, it's not a huge commitment but enough to get you out of bed. And since it is early enough, you can decide on a half-marathon afterwards...Just my thoughts.

Cute hair by the way. You make me want to think about being a hair stylist in an alternate life!

tfh said...

All-female races are SO fun! My first half was women-only so I'm rooting for See Jane Run.

I really like your haircut! Is it high-maintenance? I always want to do something new and drastic but chicken out because I'm so used to just putting my hair up and going.

Aron said...

ALL the RoHos (minus me) are doing the 12k - you should do it! i have a half in Sac that day.

also i LOVED see jane run! i am sooo sad its the same weekend as SD this year because i really wanted to do it!! its a great race and they give you great stuff too :) we got a really cute moving comfort shirt from the race last year.

loooove your hair!

Marathon Maritza said...

First of all, cute hair!!!!!!

And yeah, I agree with Aron. You should do the 12K because we are, too!!!!!!!!!!!

Alisa said...

I say you do Emerald 12k...I would if I were in CA =).

Bay 2 Breakers is a great race but like you said, more of a party than a race =). Next year, assuming the hubs and I are back in CA, he really wants to do it.

Alisa said...

P.S. Your hair is super cute! I tried the a-line cut over the summer.

Chic Runner said...

love the new hair, and come run a race down in So Cal!!! :)

Anonymous said...

so the 12K!!!! me, maritza, and julianne are doing it that I know of :)

and do See Jane Run!!! sooooo funnnn!!! Nice shirt and lots of goodies after the race :)

Eunice K. said...

Cute hair! I love the mini bob!

I think you should definitely join either race! I always need some end-goal that's near approaching to get off my ##$ and start moving.

P.S. If you get a chance, head over to my blog i'm doing a giveaway for cute buttons!

P.O.M. said...

Love the cut.

Runner Leana said...

Love the hair! I'm going to chop a few inches off of mine too in a couple of weeks...

Cindy said...

fabulous hair! mica is right, VERY chic.

hmm, well i have often dreamt of living in the bay area so i could be closer to some of the really cool trail races that pacific coast trail runs puts on. There's one in sausalito that's still open in ...march?

good luck finding something:)

Marcy said...

Oooohhh Audrey you're so pretty! I love it! I think it looks fabulous :-)

Amanda said...

Love the hair! Tell Jaime I say hi. :)

I say the 12K - motivational but won't kill ya. yay!

Steve Stenzel said...

CUTE HAIR!!!

And I vote for BOTH the 15K and the 1/2!!

Unknown said...

That is a great haircut, very cute!

Run For Life said...

I like the poof!

Julianne said...

I think you know what I'm gonna say! Emerald 12k!! I haven't signed up yet but I will. :-) Let's all do it. It will be such a fun race.

And I love your new do! The poof suits you!

Sarah said...

Funny - Alisa just told me to get your hair cut.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...