Monday, January 21, 2008

Two Weeks 'til the Half!

Well I think one week of complete and total rest is enough recovery time, right? :) It's time to get my booty back in gear as I have my first half of the year coming up in two weeks on Superbowl Sunday. It's supposedly a fast one so I'd like to have a decent showing. My goal is to finish around 2:10.

I'm planning to loosely follow the last two weeks of Hal Higdon's half marathon training plan to get back to racing mode.

So based on that, I ran 5 miles this morning which went pretty well. It's also nice to have my Garmin so I know I'm getting accurate numbers as I've now discovered that my Nike plus is about 3% off. For every mile my Nike plus records, my Garmin records 0.97. Ah well.

My splits:

Mile 1 - 9:37
Mile 2 - 9:57
Mile 3 - 10:09
Mile 4 - 10:13
Mile 5 - 9:42

Total: 49:42 minutes
Avg: 9:56 min/mi pace

And I have to mention the whole Katie Holmes "MarathonGate" stuff floating around - it's absolutely riveting! I actually was excited when Katie completed the NYC marathon - I was proud of her for getting all gross and beat down like the rest of us. But now there are all these tidbits out there that seem to indicate that maybe she didn't really run the whole thing.

The scoop can be found on Tri-Greek Dreams and a bunch of stuff is on Defamer.com.

Here are some of the highlights of the suspicious stuff:
- No photos of Katie at all on Brightroom, the official marathon photo site
- Her pacer/trainer that ran alongside her was wearing a NYC marathon bib from 2003
- She had almost the exact same split times with another one of her pacers/trainers (to the second! for every single one of the splits!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...