Monday, January 28, 2008

Relief from the rain

It's been raining like crazy here for the last several days and unfortunately, it meant that I didn't get to run my scheduled 10 mi run on Sunday. I wanted to get one good long run in before my half marathon next weekend but no luck. I've done some of my short runs this week in the rain but I wasn't in the mood to be out there for two hours getting wet. On a brighter note, I definitely had fun visiting my cousin and her family for lunch and catch up followed by having dinner at my friend's house. Here's to not having to feed myself! :)

Anyway, to make up for Sunday's rest day, I decided to run 6 miles today on what was supposed to be a "Stretch & Strengthen" day. And luckily, the rain finally eased up today. I tried to run it pretty even with some effort, but not too much. It went pretty well.

My splits:

Mile 1 - 10:00
Mile 2 - 10:07
Mile 3 - 9:48
Mile 4 - 10:16
Mile 5 - 10:51 * took a quick water break
Mile 6 - 10:11

Total: 6 miles with 10:12 average pace

1 comment:

P.O.M. said...

Good luck this weekend! Let's hope the weather cooperates :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...