Thursday, November 15, 2007

Turkey Trot Time!

Last year, I ran my very first Turkey Trot - mine was a 5 mile run in downtown Cleveland on Thanksgiving morning. I ran it with my friend and it was a lot of fun! It was a couple of weeks after running the US Half Marathon, but it was almost as challenging. First, it was cold (duh!) , around 30-40's, and I was running a bit faster than normal (although my friend did slow down to be more my pace, it still felt pretty fast for me). "Sprinting" in freezing cold weather felt crazy on my lungs! But we did finish in a great time: 0:46:38, a 9:26 min/mi pace - my 5 mi PR, by the way. :)

Anyway, as I need to keep training during the holiday season, I went ahead and signed up for the Turkey Trot again this year. Unfortunately, I have no running buddy this time AND no family support as they will all be preoccupied at that time (working, taking care of a 5 month old stinker, Thanksgiving dinner preparation, etc.) so I will be all alone that morning. :( * sniff, sniff *

I still think it will be a lot of fun and hopefully then I won't feel guilty when I indulge in an extra slice of pie or more than my share of stuffing! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...