Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 4 Wrap Up

This is the first week I got to do a distance run with the Nike Club Run and I did 8 miles again. Funny thing is that the course was the same one I did last week along the Embarcadero - what a coinkydink!

I was very excited to bring my first "buddy" this year - thanks KB! KB is a very seasoned runner, triathlete, supergirl, etc who had also run the Nike Half but was new to the club runs. She is also wicked fast so she ran with the "speedy gonzales" group.

I ran with the 11:30 min/mi group but after a mile or two, I went ahead because I thought their pace was too slow. I ended up running with another runner which worked out well because he pushed my pace just *slightly* faster than I normally would have run. We finished up at 1:29 which is pretty close to an 11:00 min/mi pace. That's better than my normal training pace, so I was pleased.

Rockstar KB had originally planned to do 8, but she then found some fun running buddies so she stuck with them for the 12 mi run!!! Not only that - they finished around an 8:45 pace! Woo-hoo, good job, KB!!!

Random thought... in my experience with the training runs last year, it seems like most of the runners in the slower groups (11:00, 11:30, 12:00, etc) are training for the half marathon and therefore usually run the shorter courses during our weekly runs. So I wasn't too surprised to learn that I was one of the last few groups to return back from the run. Ah well!

No big freebies this week, but I did confiscate more than my fair share of mini-sized Luna bars - it was like Halloween! In my defense, the volunteers packing up the stuff practically forced them on me. ;)

Summary for Week 4: 4,2,8,4 = 18 miles

4 comments:

kirby said...

*blushes*

i'm still planning to run with the nike group on wednesday... you coming up?

Andrew said...

Mini Luna Bars!! Where were those last night?!! Fruit cups stink!!

pamela said...

good job audrey!

audgepodge said...

But we got fruit cups AND bagels with cream cheese! That's something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...