- 1/13/08 Walt Disney World Marathon (5:25:46)
- 2/3/08 Kaiser Permanente SF Half Marathon (2:13:36)
- 2/18/08 President's Day 5K (28:45)
- 3/30/08 Embarcadero 10K (1:03:12)
- 5/3/08 Disney's Go Red for Women 5K (0:55:57)
- 5/4/08 Disney's Women Run the World 15K (1:34:56)
- 5/10/08 Human Race - 10K (1:01:00)
- 5/18/08 ING Bay to Breakers 12K (1:22:41)
- 7/13/08 Livestrong 5K (28:22)
- 8/3/08 SF Marathon 5K (27:41)
- 8/31/08 Disneyland Half Marathon (2:17:20)
- 9/14/2008 Banco Popular Chicago Half Marathon (2:19:23)
- 9/28/08 Mermaid Duathlon (1:23:13)
- 10/5/08 San Jose Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon (2:17:08)
- 10/19/08 Nike Women's Half Maraton (2:17:03)
Also can't forget Nancy's virtual races:
The year ended on a high note as I joined a bunch of bloggers for a New Year's Eve afternoon run. Alisa was in town which inspired us to all get together for a blogger meet-up, thoughtfully organized by Aron. It was so fun to spend the afternoon with people that love to run and blog.
Liah, Sandra, Aron, me, Alisa and Julianne
(I honestly don't know why I'm doing the tippy toe thing)
I explained that I was fresh off a two and half month hiatus and the girls were great about it. We had a really nice four mile run on the Iron Horse trail. I hung in there for most of it but had to slow down a bit during the second half - thanks Sandra for sticking back with me! I was pretty amused, my heart rate monitor was blinking for about the entire second half of the run because my heart rate was so high. But I was proud of myself for not stopping to walk because I totally wanted to! :)
And after it was over - WOO! Those endorphins felt great! I forgot that great feeling you have after running. 'Course I was just glad it was over, too, heehee.
That night, I went to a house party and discovered that I *love* playing the drums in Rock Band. I thought I was a guitar girl - but no, the drums are where it's at!