Thanks, Aron, for tagging me! (I love being tagged!) And since I've already been procrastinating at work today...
2008: a year in review
4 favorite memories from 2008:
1. Spending lots of time with my nephew and seeing him develop this really funny and playful personality
2. Meeting up with the running bloggers!
3. Hanging with the gals - happy hours, brunches, nights out, etc.
4. Chopping off my hair and loving it (saves me so much time in the morning!)
4 favorite movies watched in 2008:
1. Twilight (you don't want to know how many times I've seen it so far...)
2. Sex and the City
3. High School Musical 3 (It was fun!)
4. The Dark Knight
4 of my favorite foods in 2008:
1. Pizza (any kind!)
2. Grilled cheese
3. Chocolate chip cookies
4. Chocolate Chex cereal with vanilla almond milk
4 places i loved in 2008:
1. SF bay area
2. West suburbs of Cleveland, OH
3. Disney (any of them)
4 events i loved in 2008:
1. Weekend in Orlando with my family for the WDW marathon (shared two adjoining rooms with my parents, brother, sister, brother-in-law, and baby nephew - I loved all the quality bonding time with my family!)
2. My friend A's wedding in Austin, TX
3. Go Red for Women weekend in Disney with just me and my sister
4. Nike Women's Half Marathon
4 things i liked in 2008:
2. iPhone & MacBook Pro - became an Apple freak last year!
3. Garmin (Christmas 2007 present)
4 things i am looking forward to in 2009:
1. My friend G's bachelorette weekend and wedding
2. Napa to Sonoma half marathon with Team ROHO
3. Holidays - yes, I know we just finished but I always look forward to them
4. Release of Twilight DVD and premiere of New Moon ;)
4 people I tag:
3. Chic Runner
On a side note, I have some 2008 pop culture-related recap posts on my other blog here and here.
A couple of people had posted questions related to my threading comment in my previous post. Yes, it totally works and I love it. I used to always get my brows waxed but I switched to threading a few years ago when I was on Accutane and my skin was too sensitive for waxing. It works great and they totally get all the little hairs. It's pretty quick too and not really painful at all - no more than waxing or tweezing. I guess the way it pulls out the hair compared to tweezing is much more gentle and won't cause the hair to grow back thicker like tweezing would. Also, the nice thing is that you don't look like a mess afterward - other than having to brush away all the little hairs off your face. I personally don't have any redness or irritation like I would with waxing.
Even though my skin isn't as sensitive now, I still have my brows threaded. It's only $8 where I go so it's a great deal!
You can see a pic of how they look on my other blog here. This was taken a few days after I got them done. A couple of warnings: 1) The lady that threaded my brows made them uneven which normally never happens and 2) they are filled in with a little bit of eyeshadow to make them look more full but the shape and all that is strictly from the threading.
P.S. Do you like how I keep referencing my other blog? I just don't have much readership over there so I'm trying to throw some readers over :)
Good luck to all the Disney runners this weekend! I'll be thinking of all of you. I most likely will be back at Disney for the 2010 Goofy Challenge (yikes!).