Saturday, August 30, 2008

Race Weekend!

Just wanted to do a quick post before I go nighty-night. Tomorrow is the first of my four half marathons this season. Yep, it's now four total because I was officially able to register for the Nike Women's half marathon this week. Yay Nike Club Run SF!

But back to this weekend - tomorrow is the Disneyland Half Marathon and I'm super excited for it. I have no race goal for this one - just want to have fun at Disney.

This is a quickie trip for me as I flew in this morning and will fly out tomorrow evening. Luckily enough, I was able to check into my hotel at 9:30AM this morning - I'm staying at one of the Disney "Good Neighbor" hotels that is right across the street from the main entrance to the parks. (Side comment: I have a perfect view of the Disneyland fireworks right now from my hotel room - sweet!)

I was pretty low key today. I got to meet up with two of my SoCal friends, LO and DH, for lunch at Downtown Disney where we dined at Rainforest Cafe. It was so much fun catching up with them!



Then I hit the expo which was conveniently located at the Disneyland Hotel right by Downtown Disney. I love how it is so easy to just walk everywhere. Anyway, I picked up my bib (#2480) and goody bag and stuff. Here is the race shirt:



While at the expo, I also got slapped with a "Coast to Coast Challenge" bracelet.



This is for people who also did the Walt Disney World Marathon and/or Half Marathon in January in Florida and are now doing the Disneyland Half Marathon tomorrow. Similar to the Goofy Challenge, we'll get an additional medal. And I actually took a peek at the medals we're getting tomorrow (normally, they just show last year's medals at the expo) and the Coast to Coast Challenge medal is pretty awesome! IMO, I think it's the best out of all three so I'm soooo excited!

Anyway, now I'm back at the hotel and everything is all laid out for tomorrow and my 4AM wake up call.



Yep, I have two outfits ready to go because I couldn't decide - haha.

OK, I guess that wasn't such a quick post. I'm kind of bummed now because I was getting pretty sleepy before but now with all the "explosion" sounds of the fireworks outside my window, I'm wide awake again. But I'm going to try to go to sleep now anyway... so nighty night!

2 comments:

joyRuN said...

Good luck & have a fantastic race!

E said...

Yay! We're both running the Nike half! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...