Thursday, October 18, 2007

Confirmed for Nike on Sunday

I picked up my race packet at the Nike Expo, oops - I mean "Expotique", this evening. Even though I had registered and paid for the full marathon, I was still a little nervous about something going wrong so I wanted to make sure to get my stuff as soon as it was available.

Bib number: # 8288

It really is a women's event. Nike raffled off $900 Tiffany diamond earrings every hour tonight. Brandi Chastain was there picking out the winners.

I also stopped by Macy's afterward and bought over $100 worth of Nike Women's Marathon paraphernalia. Normally, I would wait until afterward but I just wanted to make sure I got the sizes I wanted. I will wait until after Sunday's performance to actually use it. On a bright note - this stuff is cuter than the New Balance Chicago "Marathon" gear. :)

In other news, I finally got my TNT race tank tonight. My mentor was nice enough to drop it off while I was up in SF. And... um... well, it's too darn small! I heard they ran snug which is why I ordered a medium but for some reason I got a small instead. Worst case, I guess I could wear it, but it's more snug than I would like AND it's pretty short as well. It's not like I have a long torso or anything - I'm only 5'2" after all. But it was like a crop top on me!

I'm checking to see if I can make an exchange. Sammy does not need to be exposed during my marathon debut!

I have a lot more items to post before Sunday so keep checking in. I really appreciate all the support I've received so far this week - you guys rock!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...