I thought it would be fun to do a little recap of the races I did in 2009. It was definitely a fun mix!
1) Mermaid Run 10K: First race of the year! I love Mermaid events - a wonderful supportive all-women crowd plus you get a nice necklace and a pancake breakfast!
2) Big Sur Mud Run: Oh boy, what a crazy, hilarious race! I joined four other lovely ladies to be the "Dirty Divas" for a 5 mile trail race that included obstacles and mud pits. It was a fun experience but if I ever do this race again (and that's a big IF), I think I'm better off finding a team that doesn't include BQ qualifiers. :P
3) Cinderella Classic: My longest bike ride to date - a metric century (i.e. 65miles/100km). It was so much fun to ride in a massive bike ride with women all dressed up in costumes. Highly recommend this to any female road biker in the bay area, no matter what your skill level is!
4) Rite Aid Cleveland Half Marathon: Hometown race - cheered on by mom and dad :)
5) Muddy Buddy - San Jose: I guess Julianne and I were itching to get muddy again! This time we combined running AND mountain biking AND costumes! Team "Tutu Hot to Handle" got down and dirty. Again. :)
6) Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon: Friends, running, wine... need I say more?
7) Nike Women's Half Marathon: Still my all-time favorite half despite having the hardest course. This year was special because I ran with my cuz.
8) Dean Karnazes Silicon Valley Half Marathon: Nothing too special here but it was nice to run a local race even if the course was not too exciting for me.
9) Cleveland 5Mi Turkey Trot: Third time running this race. I love running races on days you know you're going to eat a lot. Makes the eating much more enjoyable!
10) California International Marathon: Well in case you missed the news, 2009 wasn't all about having fun and getting muddy (ha). That's right, I finally PR'd. In the MARATHON! Woot woot for hitting sub-5:00 :)
All in all, I had some very memorable races in 2009. And with the Goofy Challenge just around the corner, I know 2010 will be just as awesome!