Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Race Targets

OK, so now it's time to talk about my 2010 race targets.

January 9-10th: Goofy Race and a Half Challenge
A half and a full in one weekend? In freezing cold temps? (again) Sounds fun to me! No, seriously, I'm actually looking forward to heading to Florida this weekend for the ultimate running challenge!

April 11th: Cherry Blossom 10 miler (DC)
I've always heard great things about this race. It's tough to get in but luckily I got selected in the lottery (a first!) What's even more special is that my brother and sister-in-law are walking the 5K that day as well.

September 5th: Disneyland Half
I ran this in 2008 and it's fun but really the only reason I'm running it this year is to get the Coast-to-Coast medal which you get for running both the WDW full and Disneyland half the same year.

October 17th: Nike Women's Half Marathon (if I get in)
It's tradition for me now and I really love the course. Also a lottery but as long as I continue running with the Nike Club Run SF, I should be able to earn a spot.

November 7th: NYC Marathon (if I get in)
Right now, this is the only other marathon I want to run! I would love to run NYC :) I've been entering the lottery for awhile so if it doesn't happen this year, I should be locked in for 2011.

Finally, some kind of biking event - I've been neglecting Gigi for too long. Maybe a century??? That would be something new for me!



I'm sure I will squeeze in other races here and there but for now, this is all I have planned for now. Wow, I just realized most of these are destination races. Yay for my pocketbook! :)

Let me know if you have any of these on your race calendar!

12 comments:

Aron said...

looks like a very fun year ahead!!

unpossible said...

what? another medal for doing both Goofy & Disney Half? since i'm all about the bling-bling, i just might haveta sign up.

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun 2010!

Mike Russell said...

Great schedule you have laid out. Make sure you post up your results from this weekend as soon as you can!

Jenn said...

Yeah - good luck this weekend!!! I would LOVE to run the Nike 1/2...but who knows if I'll get a spot in the lottery.

Looking forward to reading about this weekend and following your training!

Alisa said...

fun year ahead for you!

Justin is riding a century up here, that ride I was emailing you about in May. I'm considering doing either the 55 or 80. Consider it! It'd be fun!

The Laminator said...

Hey! I'm doing Cherry Blossom too! You should come by and say hi!

By then, you should also know if you're running NYCM...I can give you the full lowdown on the race since it's my hometown and I've run in 4 times already!

Yay for race goals! Good luck in goofy this weekend!

chris mcpeake said...

great racing plan. Good luck at Disney

Anonymous said...

All great races. Have a balst this weekend!!!

Lara said...

Sounds like some great races! I'm tempted to try for New York at some point, but am feeling a little poor in the pocket at the moment and that's a lot of travel expenses for me (from Colorado). Looks like a fun year ahead, you're going to have a blast!

Kristen said...

Ohh, I want NY too!!

Lots of fun races ahead. That is so cool about the coast to coast medal.

RoadBunner said...

No offense, but for someone who said they were taking a running hiatus, you've got an awful lot of long distance races planned :P

I am really jealous about the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. Really should have done it when I lived on the east coast!

Crossing my fingers about NYC!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...