Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shoe suggestions, anyone?

My first "Take It and Run Thursday" post!

This week's theme is "Backwards Take It and Run Thursday"... per the Runner's Lounge: "Instead of posting wisdom, post a question you have about your running, training, racing, gear, hydration, etc that you need help answering."

I'm quickly approaching 500 miles on my Nike Vomeros so I'll be shopping for some new shoes soon. I need a neutral shoe and I love lots of cushioning! That's one of the reasons I preferred the Vomeros over the Pegasus.

Prior to the Vomeros, I ran in Adidas Brevards and Asic GT-2090s - both worked well. And although I do value function over looks, I would like to get some slick lookin' ones, too!

So if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!

6 comments:

John said...

check out the adidas supernova cushion, supernova control or
Asics Landreth

Amanda said...

i am no help since I pronate so I have to stick with Asics or New Balance. I am not cool enough with my shoes to know their tag names though. :(

Before I'm 35 said...

I have this Saucony pair, and I love them:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/21155436/c/744.html

I am sure they are up to version 5 by now, but 4 is all kinds of cushion!

Marcy said...

You got 500 miles out of your Nike's?!? Dang! 300 is about average here *sigh*

Nancy Mize said...

another vote for supernova cushion here. I keep trying to find another shoe with the same soft-road feel AND adequate support, but nothing else has met the challenge yet! I just wish they hadn't widened the forefoot this year--just a little lateral slip on canted roadways now.

Nitmos said...

I'm a big fan of the Asics GT2100 series (post 2090's) but the 2130's are a bit stiffer, I think. Shoes are personal to the feet though. Just need to try some candidates on. Rock on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...