Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Super sore...

I wasn't in the mood for a morning run in the rain yesterday so I went to Plan B. I ended up going to my gym after work for this hour long strength training class followed by a fake track workout on the dreadmill treadmill.

This is big for me - because unfortunately I haven't been to my gym in months!!! Well, except for the pre- and post-marathon massages. So sad when I think about the monthly membership fees that have been wasted...

I really liked my strength training class but wow, my muscles are weak! I used to go to this class all the time before marathon training kicked in. I used to try to do some stuff at home like push ups and abs and stuff while I watched TV but it's been awhile since I've done that. So I was really feeling it during class! We did a bunch of chest presses with the body bar and after that, we did push ups - my arms almost gave out on me! Luckily, everyone else was moaning and laughing at themselves so I didn't feel too bad.

After class, I went to the treadmill for some intervals. I did a short warm up run, followed by a 400, 800, and 400 at a 9:30 min/mi pace. It went well and I felt it was a good speed workout for me. I still don't enjoy running on the treadmill, but at least this time the 30 minutes just seemed to fly by.

I was going to run again this morning but didn't wake up in time. I was going to sneak out at 4PM to run on this trail near work, but alas, I got sucked into a conference call. Ah well, maybe I'll squeeze in another run on Sunday instead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...