Thursday, December 6, 2007

Fighting the aches and pains

I woke up this morning feeling worse than I did yesterday. That strength training class really did a number on me. I guess I should have eased into weights instead of jumping into the one hour full body workout class. Maybe it's good that I didn't do any running yesterday.

Anyway, I have soreness in all sorts of unusual places for me - my triceps, abs, hamstrings, gluts, etc. However, I am proud to say that I fought the pain and still carried on with my 4 mile run this morning - with hills, too!

And I also don't feel so bad about my inactivity at the gym lately. My gym just set up online user profiles that tracks your gym activity. Here's what I found when I logged in today:

The following information represents your time at the club:

Current Month-to-Date:
0 visits (lie! I went yesterday!)

Current Year-to-Date:
110 visits

Your Average Visits per week in 2007:
2.3

Average Visits per week for other members at your club:
0.9 visits

Your relative percentile for visits:
in the top 10.6%

Not bad, right? Especially considering I pretty much skipped two months completely.

Anyway, last night I received something fun in the mail - my 2008 Walt Disney World Marathon Guide! I'm pretty excited. I'll provide more scoop in another post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...