Friday, August 26, 2011

Some Fun Song Suggestions for Running

I don't know about you guys but I almost always create a new playlist for every race I run. Usually it's with the most recent songs I've downloaded but lately I've been listening to some of my old running mixes, mainly just to make my runs a little more interesting. It's been fun re-discovering some fun tunes!

Here are some that have helped me pick up my pace a little - maybe you might want to add these to your playlist!

Pink - Trouble

My old spinning teacher would play this a lot. This is a good song for speed drills because it's kind of a mellow pace but then the refrain works well for speeding up.




The next two have a nice quick tempo.

Plain White T's - Our Time Now




The Fratellis - Flathead




Prodigy - Smack My B*tch Up

Many years ago when I lived in Dallas, I used to take this fun hip hop dance class. The teacher would teach us a routine that we would then dance over and over again to different songs that would increase in tempo. We'd always do it the last time to this song and I just remember there would be lots of flailing limbs! :P




Me First and The Gimme Gimmes - Over the Rainbow

This last one I got from my friend a long time ago and I honestly forgot I had it. It popped up on shuffle during my miserable 6mi run in the sun yesterday and it somehow managed to get me from an 11+ pace to around 9:30! The song is super short though (1:30) so don't expect it to push you for too long.




What are some good songs that help you put the pedal to the metal?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great suggestions! I used to have a bunch of the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and they always would make me so happy. Then if I listened to them too much, I would start going nutty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...