Monday, September 3, 2007

Week 6 Wrap Up

My schnazzy new Polar watch lets you program an "event" and provides a countdown on the default display. Today my watch tells me that I'm 34 days away from my marathon. 34 days! That's like a month away!

With almost a third of my training completed, I feel like I should have progressed a little bit more at this stage - maybe a little fitter, a little faster - but I am definitely logging the miles so I feel good about that part.

This past week was our recovery week which I definitely needed. Taking CW and JL's advice, I've been using my foam roller more often which seems to be helping. I felt sore during the week so I only managed one 2 mi run on Tuesday. I had to skip my TNT workout because I had a conflict but also because they did hill repeats this week which would not have been good for me. I was back in business by the weekend - I did the Nike 12 mi run in SF on Saturday (which, as I had expected, was the Embarcadero route, aka Tourist Central) and the Nike 6 mi run in Danville on Sunday. Both routes were flat out and back courses. The Saturday run was the longest flat course I've run this season so I felt that sort of gave me an idea on what to expect for Chicago. More on that in a separate post.

Nike freebies this week... two pairs of Nike dri-fit socks AND two tickets to the Alice Now and Zen Fest! Woo-woo! Performers include James Blunt, Joss Stone, and Gin Blossoms. Not sure if I will go, though...

In total, I accumulated 20 miles this week. This weekend, we'll be back in the Presidio and our long run will be 18 miles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...